- This event has passed.
Webinar! – #ADA30 : Trends in Disability Employment; presented by ForwardWorks Consulting (Free HRCI Credit)
July 1, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 10:00 amFree
Disability:IN Ohio is celebrating 30 years of the Americans with Disability Act! #ADA30
Join us for a webinar on July 1, 2020 from 9:00AM – 10:00AM as we discuss Trends in Disability Employment presented by Derek Shields, President of ForwardWorks Consulting, LLC with Patrick Cokley, Disability Policy Engagement Manager at Anthem, Inc.
30 years after the passage of the Americans with Disabilities Act, significant advances in mindset, policies and technologies lead the way for more inclusive employment experiences for people with disabilities. This workshop will review advances and trends in disability inclusion, inclusive technologies, reasonable accommodations, talent sourcing, neurodiversity, mental wellness and more. Time will also review the perspective of the “ADA Generation,” individuals with disabilities born after 1990 as they rise into the workforce and emerge as our future leaders. Patrick Cokley, Disability Policy Engagement Manager at Anthem will provide his perspective on current trends and employer engagement. A period of time will be allotted for questions and answers.
- Learn at least 10 advancements or trends in disability inclusion and employment.
- Understand the development and advancement in assistive and inclusive technologies.
- Learn about advances in reasonable accommodations models.
- Describe talent sourcing, acquisition and pipelines and models, including neurodiversity and Autism@Work employment approaches.
- Learn about mental wellness programming, including trends during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Understand transition to work mindset and expectations of the ADA Generation.
For questions please contact: ChrisMoranda@DI-OH.org or 614-570-8902
Funded by The Ohio Developmental Disabilities Council under the Developmental Disabilities Assistance and Bill of Rights Act